Grain-free muffin recipe: Great for transitioning to a grain-free, gluten-free or paleo lifestyle7
Grain-free muffins, paleo muffins, gluten-free muffins: doesn’t matter what you call them as long as they’re delicious. This grain-free muffin recipe fits the bill and are perfect for anyone (especially kids) who are transitioning to a paleo or grain-free lifestyle. They’re made with coconut flour, so they are a bit dense and eggy, but not too much, since there’s some ground flax seed in there too. Make these ahead of time and pack them as a snack because they’re perfect on the go.
Nutrition-wise here’s the highlight reel:
- Eggs: each muffin has 2/3 of one of these little nutritional powerhouses, packed with protein, choline, fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K2). Pastured eggs are best not only because the chickens are raised more humanely, but the eggs have higher nutrient levels!
- Coconut flour: this gluten-free flour and high in both fiber and protein
- Ground flax seed: I’m sensitive to nuts, so I like using flax seeds for the nutty flavor and texture without the reaction. Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and minerals like magnesium and phosphorus.
- Coconut oil: rich in good fats like medium chain fatty acids, lauric acid and saturated fat
- Cinnamon: this flavorful little spice is full of minerals and also has other health benefits like having anti-infectious properties and reducing arthritis pain.
- Raisins: With only two tablespoons of honey to sweeten the recipe, the raisins provide the rest of the yum!
While that’s all good, the really important thing is that they’re delicious, and they were given the high honor of a big thumbs up by the in-house 6-year-old taste tester!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat eggs together and add in honey and melted coconut oil.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together ground flax seed, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until a uniform batter is formed.
- Once batter is blended, add in raisins, and divide batter into a silicone or lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 350F for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Easy homemade vegan and paleo fudgy brownie recipe
- 50+ egg-free paleo breakfast recipes and ideas
- 30+ Primal and Paleo Pie recipes
- Simple homemade apple pie recipe (gluten-free, vegan, Paleo & AIP-friendly)
- 25+ Grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free Paleo school lunch and snack ideas
All of the links on TheRealFoodGuide.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by The Real Food Guide.