If you’re looking for an easy side dish, look no further than these tasty Indian potatoes!
This dish is a powerhouse of flavors, and is delicious served as an appetizer or a side dish.Each potato gets coated with a combination of earthy, spicy and tangy spices , which makes this a crowd-pleasing starter. I serve these in a platter with cocktail picks on the side. No extra utensils needed.
They also pair really well with most Indian curries, lentils and meat dishes. And the best part is whether you make them in the Instant Pot, Oven or Air Fryer, they are ready in 30 minutes, most of which is hands-off cooking time.
- 6 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the potatoes in a large pot along with 1 teaspoon of the salt, turmeric, and enough water to cover by one inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the potatoes from the water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the oil, mustard seed, curry powder, garam masala, and remaining salt to the bowl and toss with potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast in the pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes once half-way through. Remove from oven once the potatoes are fork-tender. Serve hot.